Jan 22nd is Hot Sauce Day! So let’s put a dip in your day with Buffalo Chicken Dip using Franks Red Hot sauce!
What better way to celebrate the day with chicken, cheese and hot sauce! While it’s not a delicious plate of hot wings it’s a great interpretation of it.
I discovered it over the holidays. In preparing for my Christmas Gathering (a little social get together I hosted a few days before Christmas) I had to do a freezer clean out. In the crevices of my freezer there was a pack of chicken thighs that I hurriedly shoved in the fridge.
Literally, hours before the part I realized they had thawed out and I needed space to store my cold items before the party started. I had no plan as to what to fix so I just sauteed them, cooled them down and had my son shred them apart. I figured if anything I could use it for taco meat later in the week.
And then the bottle of Franks RedHot was randomly sitting on the table and I remembered somewhere seeing a hot chicken dip. I already had a hot seafood dip (to be posted soon) so why not offer another one.
With a quick google search I realized I had all the ingredients and set off to make it. Unfortunately I was so busy trying to get my party together I only took two pics.
Not gonna lie . . . I was skeptical at first because the cream cheese chunks and the hot sauce had me like EWLLLLLL.
I ended up making it on the stove because I just didn’t have time to put it in the oven or crockpot. I mixed everything together and just kept it low on the back burner stirring occasionally. When it got to the right consistency and started bubbling, I transferred it to a baking dish letting it sit in the oven until party time!
It turned out SO WELL! (Kinda reminds you of tuna helper doesn’t it?) It was served with a selection of crackers and crostinis. Some of my guest even ate it as it. The serving amount was definitely way over 12 but that would also depend on how it’s served. I had a enough I was able to reheat it (which it did well) for Christmas dinner.
This recipe is SUPER SUPER easy to make and will surely become a part of your appetizer collections. (#Superbowl is coming up! Serve this app up at your SB party!)
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 2 cups Shredded Chicken (Cooked)
- 8 oz Cream Cheese (Softened/Cubed)
- 1 packet Dry Ranch Dressing
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 1/2 cups Shredded Cheese I used cheddar
- 1/2 cup Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients in a bowl then transfer to a baking dish.
- Bake 20-30 minutes or until mixture is heated all the way through. Stir well. Garnish with green onions, parsley or more cheese. Serve with crackers, crostinis, chips or veggies.
Slow Cooker Method
- Mix all ingredients in slow cooker, stir well to combine, cover and cook on low 1-2 hours until bubbly.