Rice Krispie Treats.
I know. I know. It’s just a plain idea but IT WORKS and it might not have been on your mind. So thanks to Kellog’s it REALLY works right now for a Limited Time Only (lol)
I am the QUEEN of last minute additions to a menu or the OH SHIT I forgot I would make something and I need it in like a hour. When I made a last minute run over the weekend to the store they were sitting on an end cap along with some marshmallows soooooooooo hell yea. Last minute treat that totally fits in perfectly with July 4th or summer events AND it transports easily!
I’m not going to sugar coat this post and give some super long narrative. I made rice krispies, got out my star shaped cookie cutter and TA DA! I cut out the rice krispies in various star shapes until I ran out. A few got further decorations with writing icing as well as tried a few “rice krispie pops”.
And if you’re really in a last minute panic, just make em and cut ’em up. Guest will be like AWWWWWWW, that’s cute. Ohhhh how’d you get blue and red krispies while you lowkey gloat on how easy it was 🙂
Here’s the Kellog’s Original Rice Krispie Treats™ recipe:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
— OR —
- 4 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® cereal
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares. Best if served the same day.
Start to finish is about 30 minutes. And that’s it. You’re done. Quick. Easy. Yummy!